Send Me Special Bulk Pricing
What is a Mouth Swab Drug Test?
Referred to as a mouth swab or oral fluid drug testing device, this device can be be administered on-site without medical supervision, offers an easy fluid collection chamber, and provides results in less than 10 minutes. The ability to observe the donor, nearly eliminates any chance of adulteration. We also have urine based drug test kits that require a bit more observation. In addition, in our efforts to stay current with changes in local mandates, we also offer options without THC screening.tQ210
How does a Saliva Drug Test Work?
- The collector will provide the donor with the swab portion of the saliva test, which resembles a lollipop sponge.
- The donor will be instructed to rub the mouth swab against the inside of their cheeks and under their tongue until a satisfactory saliva specimen is collected. This process typically takes 2 minutes.
- The saturated swab specimen will then be returned to the collector, who will then insert the sponge into the saliva specimen container which includes the testing panels.
- Wait 10 minutes for the saliva sample to saturate the testing panels. Once the sample has soaked through and reacted with the strips, the panels will display colored lines, indicating positive or negative drug test results
How to Interpret Oral Fluid Test Results
Negative oral fluid drug test result
Positive (non-negative) oral fluid drug test result
How Far Back does a Swab Drug Test Go?
Oral fluid testing accuracy is dependent on the type of test you buy as well as being able to collect a sufficient amount of saliva. Most instant tests of quality offer up to a 99% accuracy rate. The below chart offers cutoff and detection times of drug of abuse using the SalivaConfirm Saliva Drug Swab.
Why are Saliva Tests Popular?
Mouth swab tests are quickly becoming one of the most popular ways to detect substance abuse. Mouth swabs can be administered without the need for specialized collection facilities or same-sex observed urine sample collections. With the ease of use, instant results, and low cost, oral swabs have become the preferred method of drug testing in the workplace. We also offer devices that don’t screen for THC, if required.
Testing oral fluid for drugs can detect illicit substances in a donor’s system immediately after use and for up to two days afterwards depending on the drug. Tesing fluid specimens provide a cost-effective way to perform workplace drug testing, random drug testing and post-accident drug testing and combined with other screening methods, are an integral part of a comprehensive drug testing program.
Benefits of a Mouth Swab Drug Test:
- Impossible to cheat a saliva test due to non invasive observation
- Results provided in less than 10 minutes for most mouth swab drug tests
- Oral fluid specimen detection window times are very similar to urine, except they are more sensitive to recent use (which urine can miss)
- Our most popular test, the SalivaConfirm mouth swab test, has a built in saturation indicator to allow for the proper amount of saliva specimen needed to perform the test
- Accuracy is up to 99%
- Options that don’t test for THC
Able to detect abuse of common illicit drugs like marijuana, cocaine and heroin, instant oral drug screens can also detect less common illicit drugs and prescription drugs.
Mouth Swab Drug Test- Producing Sufficient Oral Fluid (Video):