Why Are Oral Fluid Devices Popular?
Saliva drug testing is quickly becoming one of the most popular ways to detect drug usage. Mouth swabs can be administered without the need for specialized collection facilities or same-sex observed collections. With the ease of use, instant results, and low cost, oral swabs have become the preferred method of drug testing in the workplace.
Mouth swab drug tests can detect drugs in a donor’s system immediately after use and for up to two days afterwards depending on the drug. Oral drug screens are a cost-effective way to perform pre-employment drug testing, random drug testing and post-accident drug testing and combined with other drug testing methods, are an integral part of a comprehensive drug testing program.
Benefits of Saliva Drug Testing:
- Impossible to cheat a saliva test due to non invasive observation
- Results provided in less than 10 minutes for most mouth swab drug tests
- Oral fluid detection times are very similar to urine, except they are more sensitive to recent use (which urine can miss)
- Our most popular test, the SalivaConfirm, has a built in saturation indicator to allow for the proper amount of saliva specimen needed to perform the test
- Saliva drug testing accuracy is up to 99%