Saliva Alcohol Test Kit
The Instant Alcohol Saliva Test is fast and easy to use, producing reliable results in just minutes. This test detects the presence of alcohol in saliva and can provide an approximation of blood alcohol concentration from 0.02% and higher.
When you are in the field and cannot carry around bulky equipment, these lightweight and simple saliva alcohol test kits can help you determine if a person has recently consumed alcohol. They test a person’s saliva for traces of alcohol and work in as little as two minutes.
Features and Benefits:
- Highly sensitive
- Fast results
- Can be conducted anytime, anywhere
- FDA Cleared
- CLIA Waived. FDA #: 21 CFR 862.3040
- For in vitro use only.
- Discard after first use. The test strip cannot be used more than once.
- Do not use the product beyond expiration date.
- The product is sensitive to the presence of alcohol and moisture. After open the package, the test device should be used immediately.
- Do not use the kit if the pouch is punctured or not well sealed.
Specimen Collection and Preperation
- Nothing should be placed into the mouth of the subject for at least 10 minutes prior to saliva collection. This includes food, drink, tobacco products or other materials.
- Saliva specimen can be collected in a sputum cup or a clean container, or directly applied to the reaction pad of the test strip.
- Store 2ºC to 30ºC in the sealed pouch up to the expiration date.
- Keep away from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- DO NOT FREEZE.
- Preferably open the pouch only shortly before the test
- Remove a strip from the foil pouch by tearing at the notch and place it on a level surface.
- Saturate the reactive pad by dipping the reaction pad into the saliva specimen collected in asputum cup, or by applying saliva directly to the reaction pad. After 10 seconds, shake off the excess saliva.
- Immediately start timer and at 2 minutes, compare the reactive pad with the provided colored chart below.
For forensic use only. One Step Alcohol Saliva Test Strip is intended for use as a rapid method to detect the presence of alcohol in saliva for blood alcohol concentration (BAC) greater than 0.02%. It has been published that the concentration of alcohol in saliva is almost equal to that in blood. The rapid test is intended for the semi-quantitative detection of ethyl alcohol in human saliva. For in vitro use only. Not intended for home use.